Re: [jgit-dev] Merge in 0.9?

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Christian Halstrick
> <christian.halstrick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The 0.9 release is coming closer fast. We have to decide whether we
>> want the resolve merger in or not.

We do.

>> The resolve merger is in change [2] and needs [1]. I think the
>> enhancement for merge without
>> workingtree discussed in [3] should be done incrementally on top.

I agree, this is a good direction forward.

>> I am reasonably happy to submit DirCacheCheckout for 0.9. The Resolve
>> Merger looks good to me
>> but I would love to get it reviewed before including it in 0.9.
>>
>> [1] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,825 (DirCacheCheckout)
>> [2] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,1226 (Resolve Merger)
>> [3] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jgit-dev/msg00582.html
>
> I will do my best to review it this week. I believe we should include
> it in our 0.9 builds soon so we can dog food it and use it to make
> sure it's solid.

Great, thanks Chris.  I'll try to give it another read myself.  But
please don't wait for me to submit, the last few revisions I have seen
looked pretty reasonable to me and I had the impression that we were
down to hard to find bugs which are elusive even during code reviews,
so I'd rather get this in the tree sooner so we have time to test in
more real-world cases.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top