Re: Local file system abstraction still a work in progress ? (was: [jgit-dev] Using JGit in Google AppEngine)

Thanks a lot for all those answers ...

Another dumb question...
In my git internals understanding quest, I realize that a single pack could be quite huge (within a smart protocol transaction) ...
AFAIU, a pack is required to be autonomous, in order to be able to "reconstruct" loose objects on the other side of the channel.

I didn't check the numbers but with a large git repo (let's say something like the linux kernel src), if I'm trying to clone such a repo and store it on GAE, I suppose that I will reach GAE limitations.

Let's take this example, I'm cloning such a large repo locally, and then add a remote (empty) repo stored in GAE (my target).
Then I'm pushing my local repo to this GAE remote ...
AFAIU, during this last operation, there will be a single pack per ref pushed and so I suppose I will reach a GAE limitation like the 10MB per HTTP request (and / or the 30sec per request but this is another issue) ?!?

I can afford such a thing, but I'm wondering if I understood how smart / pack protocol is working ...

--
Tom

Back to the top