Re: [jgit-dev] Pack files are locked

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Thomas Singer <jgit-dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are using JGit commit b878cdcf6b4c2445553dcd1507d5c3008bf56b7b.
>
> On 22.07.2010 20:13, Shawn Pearce wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Thomas Singer <jgit-dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> We have the same issue with SmartGit and a relatively new jgit version. If
>>> (the internal build of) SmartGit is open, one can't perform a 'git gc'
>>> because of locked pack files. We already verified that all repositories are
>>> correctly closed.

I just read through the code for b878cdcf.  _IF_ you close the
repository such that its open counter drops to 0, it will close the
pack files.   Are you using the repository through the repository
cache?  Or maybe there are alternates and the alternates are open
through the repository cache?  Right now we open alternates through
the repository cache under the assumption that they might be shared by
multiple active repositories at once.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top