[jgit-dev] heads up - delta encoding coming soon

Just a heads up, but I'm also working on doing real delta encoding,
so we can finally fully implement repacking for JGit, and also
creating binary file patches.

I mostly have the actual delta generator coded and running, but
I'm not yet happy enough with it to show the world right now.

But it is coming soon; I probably will have the patches up to Gerrit
before the end of this week.

I apologize for dumping well over 15 kloc on you guys for review,
but I'm in a major coding sprint for JGit and I just want to plow
through as many of these major missing features or API changes as
I can before I burn out, or before we want to call 0.9.0.  :-)

--
Shawn.

Back to the top