Re: [jgit-dev] Request to add 0.9 M* target milestones

2010/6/29 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
Matthias, Shawn and I chatted a bit earlier today about adding
milestones to represent sprints for EGit and JGit. Some of us work
this way and it would be nice to allow this without forcing everyone
to adapt.

Since we ship every three months, the suggested sprint time was every
4 weeks, so let's add 0.9 M1, 0.9 M2, 0.9 M3

It's us at SAP who work on EGit and JGit (and also Gerrit) in sprints ;-)

I added the mentioned milestones and marked all bugs we intend to work on
during the next sprint with target milestone 0.9.0-M1 [1]. To make clear our
sprint schedule I published a milestone calendar [2].

If anybody else would like to join this approach let me know.

If there is enough interest we would consider to organize a public sprint
review at the end of each sprint to gather direct feedback on the results
from users and other EGit/JGit hackers.

Any thoughts on this ?

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?order=Importance;classification=Technology;query_format=advanced;product=EGit;product=JGit;target_milestone=0.9.0-M1
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Planning#Milestone_Schedule