[jgit-dev] JGit without local filesystem

I'm starting to do the refactoring required to support JGit running on
different storage technologies beyond just the local filesystem.  The
bulk of the work is in [1], where I pull a lot of methods out of
Repository up into a more abstract base class called GitRepository.

Unfortunately, I hate this name "GitRepository".

I would rather rename the current Repository class to FileRepository,
and then make Repository available for this new abstract base class.
Its a pretty severe API breakage for applications, including EGit.

[1] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/886

--
Shawn.

Back to the top