Re: [jgit-dev] JGit sample client - starter

On 03/11/2010 02:12 AM, Alex Blewitt wrote:
On 11 Mar 2010, at 10:03, Karthik K wrote:

Hi -
  I am trying to use JGit for one of the sample applications - where I am trying to use jgit to connect to a http uri , say  - git://github.com/apache/hbase.git , and retrieve the contents of the same.
Can you help let me know a sample snippet using the jgit library , that I can take as a reference and go through the source tree , to get more. I am looking under org.eclipse.jgit as a starting point, but more pointers  / help related to that would be appreciated. Thanks.
There are number of tests that check out a repository. Would any of those help?
Sure - Anything in particular , that does along the lines of retrieving the tree / listing branches and printing it , that you would suggest as a starting point ?

By the way, the git:// protocol is different from the http:// protocol, so whilst it's a URI, it's not an HTTP URI.

Oops Sorry . My bad - I meant to type - http://github.com/apache/hbase.git , when I was referring to the uri.

Also - when you mention about the URI being different, if a client were to access a http uri to clone a git repository, would it be sufficient to have port 80 open, from the client to access the same. Or - is there a different protocol / port that refers to the same.

Alex

Back to the top