[jgit-dev] Exceptions in jgit

I am trying to figure out what is the approach to usage of exceptions in jgit.
Looking at the org.eclipse.jgit.errors package, where the jgit exceptions are defined,
I see mainly 3 cases:
1. An exception is subtype of java.io.IOException
2. An exception is subtype of java.lang.Exception
3. An exception is subtype of java.lang.RuntimeException

However, I don't see the rule. If I would introduce a new exception I wouldn't
know which approach to use.

Could somebody put some light on this topic?

Sasa

Back to the top