Re: [jgit-dev] FYI, history rewrite coming

Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Looks like we need to rewrite the complete JGit history. ??The EMO
> > IP team isn't happy with our header. ??They want a header that looks
> > like the standard EPL file header, but s/EPL/EDL/.
>
> Sorry that you hit trouble. I've known worst evils done by the IP team ;)
>
> At least the pain only happens once.

I'm still a bit worried about the EDL being confused with the EPL.
But I guess the IP team isn't.  Or is OK that the headers look a
lot alike.  I know that was one of the primary reasons for rejecting
JGit early on, the vastly different license.

I'm also worried we'll have to rewrite _yet again_ before they can
get their act together and finish this review.

> > This is going to have to wait a while. ??I don't currently have
> > time to burn to make some lawyers happy with a slightly different
> > header text. ??If that means we miss the next project release review
> > window, so be it.
>
> The next review will be Feb 24th so there's some time.
>
> If there's something people could do to help, let us know.

Something about using git filter-branch to edit the headers of every
file in the working tree.  The last time we did this in JGit I used
the script here in the commit message:

http://repo.or.cz/w/jgit.git/commit/53a2cc3f6144ddcc10954d3abf68a5b90ed95248

But you need to like run that on every revision via git filter-branch.

FYI, Matthias emailed me privately, he might try looking at doing
this himself.  But if someone figures it out, yay.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top