[jetty-users] Problem reading POST body with embedded Jetty 12.0.x

It appears that all handling of POST requests with ZIP-content as payload in our application is broken with Jetty 12 (I tried both 12.0.0 and 12.0.1). We use an embedded Jetty-12 with ee10 and http/2.

Using Jetty 11 the code works as expected.

We post a ZIP-file from the command line using Curl to the application. The handling code wraps request.getInputStream in a BufferedInputStream wrapped in a ZipInputStream and starts reading ZipEntry objects with getNextEntry until this returns null. With Jetty 12 this code only manages to read the first part of the POST-body and then blocks indefinitely. This is not a multi-part request, the ZIP-content is simply used as the request payload.

We have similar handling of ZIP-files posted from inside HTML pages (using JS FormData and XmlHttpRequest) and the same thing happens there. In this case the FormData is used to create a multi-part POST.

Each time the first parts of the payload seems to be handled correctly. The initial entries are expanded and written to server side files correctly.

No exceptions occur. The code just seems to block indefinitely with no CPU activity.

Any ideas? Perhaps there is something wrong with our embedding code?

Kind regards,

Silvio

Back to the top