Re: [jetty-users] jetty 11 blocking http client timeout handling broken

Hi Simone,
thanks for looking into this! I could not reproduce this locally, although I tried multiple things.

 Unfortunately, we were not able to gather more besides the already mentioned thread dumps regarding this issue...

Our qtp threadpool is fine since we switched to async variant of Request#send.

Just let me know if there is anything that we could provide in order to help fixing this issue.

Best,
Matthias

Aug 29, 2022, 16:33 by sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 4:52 PM Matthias Pfau via jetty-users
> <jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Hi there,
>> after upgrading to jetty 11, we noted that our qtp threadpool started to grow over time. We found that we had an invocation of blocking org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest#send in one of our handlers.
>>
>> The code has been lately changed to not use a timed get and the existing timeout handling does not seem to work as expected.
>>
>> Our code was basically this:
>>
>> var response = client.newRequest(url)
>> .method(method)
>> .timeout(TIMEOUT, TimeUnit.SECONDS)
>> .send();
>>
>> Stacks of the same thread at different times proof that the timeout was somehow not respected. See https://gist.github.com/mpfau/dc7adc7074108ff085e44634dc0cf86f.
>>

> We have tests that prove that timeouts are respected, but maybe you're
> hitting a corner case.
> Can you reproduce the issue in isolation so that we can try?
> If you can, please open an issue.
>
> --
> Simone Bordet
> ----
> http://cometd.org
> http://webtide.com
> Developer advice, training, services and support
> from the Jetty & CometD experts.

Back to the top