Re: [jetty-users] resourceBase with symbolic link

Hello

Is this symbolic link absolutely necessary in your case? I don't use any and it works:

https://sourceforge.net/p/red-feed-aggregator/code/ci/master/tree/minimal_self_hosting_setup.sh

I use Let's Encrypt with Jetty 11 too.

Best regards.

envoyé : 21 juillet 2022 à 05:23
de : scottastanley--- via jetty-users <jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
à : "jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc : "scottastanley@xxxxxxxxx" <scottastanley@xxxxxxxxx>
objet : [jetty-users] resourceBase with symbolic link

For my application, I use Let's Encrypt for my ssl certificate validating using the .well-known.  I define the web application for well-known with a simple deployment descriptor.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Jetty//Configure//EN" "https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/configure_10_0.dtd">

<Configure class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler">

  <Set name="contextPath">/.well-known</Set>

  <Set name="handler">

    <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ResourceHandler">

      <Set name="resourceBase"><SystemProperty name="jetty.base" default="."/>/code/well-known</Set>

      <Set name="directoriesListed">false</Set>

    </New>

  </Set>

</Configure>

The /code/well-known in jetty base is a symbolic link to the actual folder containing any files to be deployed. When I upgraded from Jetty 9.4 to Jetty 11, this no longer works. When trying to access any files under the .well-known path I am getting a 404.

HTTP ERROR 404 Not Found

URI:/.well-known/A
STATUS:404
MESSAGE:Not Found
SERVLET:default

If I change the resourceBase to be the actual path without a symbolic link, everything works fine.

Has anyone else run in to this problem?  Is there a configuration that I can change to allow this or is this a bug in the newer version of Jetty? If it is a bug, can someone point me at it so I can keep track of any resolution.

Scott