Re: [jetty-users] ProxyServlet & chunking

You are able to call response.flushBuffers() to flush any buffered content.

On Tue, 12 July 2022, 14:25 LP via jetty-users, <jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

  My understanding of HTTP/1.1 chunking is that it's considered to be a hop-to-hop feature, and so if the server behind an (Async)ProxyServlet responds with a stream of small chunks they can be buffered. This poses a challenge for some chunking use-cases, including SSE (Server Sent Events). One workaround I found for SSE is to send a large-ish "flush" event with some random junk after each "real" event to push the real event through the buffer. This works fine when the events aren't too frequent, but it's obviously not a great solution.

  Is there any functionality available that allows for setting a timeout in the ProxyServlet after which any buffered response content would automatically be flushed via chunking? If not, would this be difficult to implement?

  Jetty rules!

Thanks,
  LP