[jetty-users] Using Jetty SetUID feature programmatically

Hi,

        I am trying to run a small java runtime which contains an embedded jetty Server. I am trying to run this on a Linux Server and want to run it as a non-root user for security reasons. I would however like to bind to privileged ports like 80 / 443. However I keep getting a Permission Denied exception. I have tried using jsvc to start up the process, but still the bind is failing. I have gone through the jetty 9 documentation https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/jetty-9/index.html#jetty-admin-guide and I see we have a setuid feature which can be used for this purpose. However it is not clear as to how I can set this configuration programmatically.

        Is there any reference for the same or examples that can be referred to.?

Thanks,

Srijith.

Back to the top