Re: [jetty-users] Set Session File Permissions

We generally do not attempt to set permissions on files and directories from within java.
The ability to set permissions is highly FileSystem specific, and there's far too many FileSystem types, even on Linux, for this to make sense in code.

We recommend that you configure the FileSessionDataStore to use a directory that itself has the permissions limited to the specific user running Jetty.
Then it matters not what the permissions of the specific files themselves are.

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx