Re: [jetty-users] My CORS proxy using Jersey (for JAX-RS) with Jetty 9.4.31 doesn't respond

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 11:32 PM <gouessej@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to implement a CORS proxy to replace the third party CORS proxy I've been using for weeks. I need a CORS proxy to work around some CORS policies by downloading the files on the server in a web service called from the client that receives some plain text.
>
> The source code of my project is here:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/red-feed-aggregator/code/ci/master/tree/
>
> The two commits concerning the CORS proxy are here:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/red-feed-aggregator/code/ci/a3a1c6e602e1415aba8381c62bbb17ebea6f91f8/
> https://sourceforge.net/p/red-feed-aggregator/code/ci/b8ed01b2b4344d6f79ab359baf66a1797feea675/
>
> I have no exception in the logs.
>
> The feed aggregator works:
> http://80.13.94.99/feed/
>
> but the CORS proxy doesn't:
> http://80.13.94.99/webresources/corsproxy/raw?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemonde.fr
> http://80.13.94.99/feed/webresources/corsproxy/raw?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lemonde.fr
>
> Please can you tell me what I'm missing? Maybe I should add something into web.xml so that the servlet is loaded at startup.

I frankly don't understand what you're trying to do.
You don't need a CORS "proxy", just a Servlet Filter. Jetty provides
one already, have you tried to use it?

Can you please describe in detail what does not work?
Specify the origin of the JavaScript, where it wants to send a request
to, and a dump of the request/response, including preflights.
Also important is what browser do you use?

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top