Re: [jetty-users] Keystore Problems
  • From: David C Fuhs <dfuhs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 20:34:30 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=csuchico.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=csuchico.edu; dkim=pass header.d=csuchico.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=f1ykwYV8oXUVWhAu9Q3QolZa8d2fP6Y/dwtM3lAXAvY=; b=FZvG/zYmlbkdnwpMkPX3lUAcsnCDtOPoMsMWbxaTf/doqy6wMymZHDiD1wvQgqtPUdvD8sOtL4Yhdckm+aaVp00+7WstYp6j1535JOBaEuk2LV62CbawC3pfyMwBsSJKnSLyzTI6F6gzPXiIHPtwiKeKmHF01MZGYWXQ/J4ShF+STZDjzmjTSEwCnTizdGTySRYUuqUXtcT7a4kBQoA5k37pqUKLnGVZP8F9QG3MSOqk3SwgR1jvBkRxQ28KEx1hCGsr8e8Yk/X//lkcJU78FJxsr5qQmW8EPsVAgGzs/AUizgUPi+7AWHjIYM8vaDUwMS6BmpGXQ8ubSLyuMd5z7g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=JTDW+OQvFxSqwyjgAqKfF4HS8ALeEoLbGPpsypVbmLyOCksO2HHltW0FkBWIBKnzQhhaNrCvpEMiMM1SVuirfSqelmakeS+wVXSSm+LPYjzCLWEmvhitJd2sFhjqP7Gbd7XmCs2mMsgATviB26RqQO47wSfqo0ED7vmlvcnrbrlLcZUNz+Nsw/VpCCJokyrbQHEvpmC3exmprenq+xI5FsjwnulnFSQQHfCQk8y/vg0Y+9ZWpTCUvRv2Tqo9wc357TKFV9jUyzIlyhI7hnSZDFtU+yl17eeMHoE8llNoYJar8741TC+8YkNEOdFGFYfKjpYqcD4EmYVTX7p2XBN2NQ==

Thanks Simone, I will give Keystore Explorer and try and report back.

What I really want is quite simple: a series of commands that will take as input a private key, a new SSL certificate, and a series of intermediate/CA certificates and create a PKCS12 keystore that Jetty can use.

All permutations, combinations, and attempts thus far over several days results in a keystore that throws the UnrecoverableKeyException.

Those attempts include: starting with a key that has/does not have a password, including/not including the key at the beginning of the file containing the SSL certificate and intermediate certificates, starting by creating a JKS keystore then converting it to PKCS12, starting by creating a PKCS12 keystore directly, adding/modifying a keystore password after creating the PKCS12 keystore, and probably several more I forgot.  This morning's attempts involved cutting and pasting example commands directly from the Jetty documentation, then modifying the specifics.

One would expect that even though I apparently got on a slow horse, I would eventually stumble into some combination that would work, but it seems quite elusive.

David Fuhs
Information Security Office
California State University, Chico
dfuhs@xxxxxxxxxxxx