[jetty-users] JSTL with Jetty 9.4.6

I need some configuration advice, please.

I have a JSP page which uses the JSTL core taglib, and have a <c:forEach> tag in a test page while I'm configuring things. When I accessed the page, I got this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagLibraryValidator

When I copied org.mortbay.jasper.apache-jsp-8.5.9.1.jar from the jetty lib/apache-jsp directory into my WEB-INF/lib, I got this instead in the jetty log file:

WARN:oejd.DeploymentManager:main: Unable to reach node goal: started
java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.apache.juli.logging.Log: Provider org.eclipse.jetty.apache.jsp.JuliLog not a subtype
	at java.util.ServiceLoader.fail(ServiceLoader.java:239)

Can someone tell me what I have to do to get basic taglib support working here?

John English

---
https://www.avg.com

Back to the top