Re: [jetty-users] Websocket handling issues

Disable permessage-deflate and don't negotiate it between your client / server.

You've stumbled into a variant of issue https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/3159

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 2:29 PM Meggyesi, Zalán <zmeggyesi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've floated this problem a while ago, but I only just got around to actually getting some data on it.

It seems like websocket handling ... well, for lack of a better word, "broke" after v9.4.12.v20180830.
I'm using the Ninja Framework, which bundles this version of Jetty as its internal webserver, and if I launch a skeleton WS server using the bundled Jetty instance, connections go through just fine. On the other hand, if I use the latest Jetty plugin from Maven Central, and launch the same WS server, I get an error when I try to send a message, specifically, org.java_websocket.exceptions.InvalidFrameException: bad rsv RSV1: true RSV2: false RSV3: false. I'm using this project as my WS client.

Now, my go-to reaction would be to simply downgrade my standalone Jetty installation to 9.4.12, but unfortunately because my real application runs under Java 11, I cannot do that (due to an outdated ASM in the 9.4.12 version).

Can anyone give me some pointers as where this might be going wrong?

Best,
Zalan