Re: [jetty-users] String "" in Jetty 8 vs Jetty 9

The fact that it worked for you in Jetty 8 is just luck.
You accidentally found a way on your JVM to have that work for you in a way that seemed reliable to you.

As Mark Mielke pointed out, that code is wrong, and shouldn't have worked in the first place, even on Jetty 8.

Also note that getParameter(String keyname) can return 3 different states:

1. The value of the keyname as a String
2. Empty String (indicating the keyname exists, but without a value, aka "?foo" )
3. null (indicating the keyname does not exist)

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx