Re: [jetty-users] Spring 4 doesnt work with Jetty 8

Thanks for your inputs.

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:26 AM Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kapil,

sorry, but 50+ production servers is not a good reason for us to give open source support to an end-of-life version of jetty.   It is however, very much a good reason to have commercial support for jetty, as putting in effort to help with upgrades from old releases is exactly the kind of thing we do for our commercial clients.  If we gave that away for free to others, then they wouldn't  subscribe and then there would be no Jetty.

However, mercenary comments aside,  I think you are on the right track: asm3.1 is obviously too old to be able to scan spring4 classes.   You need to work out how to upgrade asm (perhaps not all the way to 7?) in a way that will work with jetty 8.  You may need to build jetty against new version of asm, as from memory there are API changes (or at least some statics) that need to  be updated.  Good luck.

cheers