Re: [jetty-users] Help trying to investigate a file descriptor leak

Le Mon, 26 Feb 2018 10:10:45 -0500,
Brian Reichert <reichert@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 10:08:41AM +0100, mh@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > Hi Jan,
> >
> > Le Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:25:04 +1100,
> > Jan Bartel <janb@xxxxxxxxxxx> a ??crit :
> >
> > > We haven't had any reports of file descriptor leaks that I'm
> > > aware of.
> >
> > Thank you very much for spending time to answer.
> > >
> > > How are you serving static content with Jetty - are you using a
> > > ResourceHandler, or are you using the DefaultServlet, or something
> > > else?
> >
> > I have no kind of idea. I'm the system administrator, so I can only
> > provide informations about how I've installed jetty and deployed the
> > application.
>
> Not assert what you're seeing is the same as what I was seeing, but I
> observed some evidence of jetty retaining file descriptors when the
> hot-deploy feature was utilized:
>
>   http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jetty-dev/msg02777.html
>
> In that, I was fixated on disk space consumption, but the disk space
> was consumed as jetty was retaining references to deleted files.
>
> That resulted in me opening this bug:
>
>   https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/867
>
> And the resulting assertion is that it's not a bug, but a known
> behavior of Java that you can tune away.
>
> Anyway, this may not be at all related to what you're seeing, but
> wanted to provide a heads-up.

Thanks Brian and Jan,

XWiki team fixed the issue in:
https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15009

About Jetty, I still to not exactly understand that says:

https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-15009?focusedCommentId=98061&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-98061

But all in all it seems fixed.