[jetty-users] Background thread in Jetty

Hi,

I am using Jetty and I would like to create a background task that periodically wakes up and checks on some cached state, possibly doing some cleanup.  I see several ways to do this but I am not sure what the best practice is.  One idea is to use Jetty's scheduler service (i.e. schedule the task to wake up and have it continuously reschedule itself when it is done).  Does anybody know if this is a reasonable approach?

Thanks,
Josh

Back to the top