[jetty-users] Selector question

Hi,

In the documentation ServerConnector, I see the following text:

<quote>
It is the selector thread that will call the Callback instances passed in the EndPoint.fillInterested(Callback) or EndPoint.write(Callback, java.nio.ByteBuffer...) methods. It is expected that these callbacks may do some non-blocking IO work, but will always dispatch to the Executor service any blocking, long running or application tasks.
</quote>

But I also found this blog that made it sound like maybe this is no longer the case?
https://webtide.com/avoiding-parallel-slowdown-in-jetty-9/

Can anybody clarify?  Specifically, I would like to know if onFillable() will be run by a selector for ServerConnector/AbstractConnection.  And if not, is it ok to do blocking operations in onFillable()?

Thanks,
Josh

Back to the top