Re: [jetty-users] Can jetty have a hook after the server is ready?

Thanks a lot!

From: Joakim Erdfelt [mailto:joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 2018
516 18:40
To: JETTY user mailing list
Subject: Re: [jetty-users] Can jetty have a hook after the server is ready?

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 1:11 AM, Lin Ren <lin.ren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I’m currently trying my project on Jetty standalone mode.

I wrote a BootstrapServerService, which annotated by “@ManagedObject” and extends org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.

The BootstrapServerService is now added into Server as a bean (in jetty.xml):

    <Call name="addBean">

      <Arg>

        <New class="com.bea.wlcp.wlng.core.wls.BootstrapServerService"/>

      </Arg>

    </Call>

Then the BootstrapServerService is started before deployed application is activated, just as my expected.

However, in the BootstrapServerService, there is logic to get the RMI repository and bind local object:

        final Registry registry = LocateRegistry.getRegistry();

        registry.bind(fullJndiName, stub);

It fails because the RMI service is NOT started yet. So I tried to single out the bind logic and trying to find a hook from Jetty to execute this logic after the RMI is ready, but so far I’m not able to find it out.

Can anyone give advisement?

Thanks!

Lin