[jetty-users] Can jetty have a hook after the server is ready?

Hi all,

I’m currently trying my project on Jetty standalone mode.

I wrote a BootstrapServerService, which annotated by “@ManagedObject” and extends org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.

The BootstrapServerService is now added into Server as a bean (in jetty.xml):

    <Call name="addBean">

      <Arg>

        <New class="com.bea.wlcp.wlng.core.wls.BootstrapServerService"/>

      </Arg>

    </Call>

Then the BootstrapServerService is started before deployed application is activated, just as my expected.

However, in the BootstrapServerService, there is logic to get the RMI repository and bind local object:

        final Registry registry = LocateRegistry.getRegistry();

        registry.bind(fullJndiName, stub);

It fails because the RMI service is NOT started yet. So I tried to single out the bind logic and trying to find a hook from Jetty to execute this logic after the RMI is ready, but so far I’m not able to find it out.

Can anyone give advisement?

Thanks!

Lin

Back to the top