Re: [jetty-users] Help understanding log messages

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 6:37 PM, John English <john.foreign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm a bit puzzled by some messages I see in my jetty.log files (Jetty 9.4.6)
> which look like this:
>
> 2018-04-17 18:42:30.803:INFO:oejshC.ROOT:qtp30728890-4405: Login:
> node01ouqe3mcfxfm61cjjsyrcdn6gw468

Latest Jetty 9.4.x code does not have any log statement that starts
with "Login:".
It must some something else deployed to or configured in Jetty, or
perhaps some older Jetty version that had that logging.

> I see these at irregular intervals at all times of day, including in the wee
> small hours when there are no requests in the request log for an hour or two
> either side.
>
> Since the server isn't started by root, and uses a custom login method, why
> does it all mean? I presume qtpXXXis a thread ID,

The thread is is 4405, qtpXXX is the Jetty thread pool, so this is a
Jetty pooled thread (normal situation).

> but what does ROOT refer to in this context

To a web application deployed to the root context, or "/".
Do you have a ROOT directory in your $JETTY_BASE/webapps ?

>, which class is oejshC that is emitting this, and what
> does nodeXXX refer to?

If you grep the text and binary files in your $JETTY_BASE looking for
"Login:" what do you find ?

--
Simone Bordet
----