[jetty-users] Migrating custom Connector from 8.1 to 9.4

Hello Jetty experts,
First, I apologize if it's not the appropriate mailing list for this question (I was hesitating with jetty-dev) , but there is my question : what's the preferred path to migrate a custom connector from 8.1 to 9.4 ?
Here's what I used to do : a cusotm connector that could understand HTTP, TC protocol, and SSL

TCServerImpl.this.terracottaConnector = new TerracottaConnector(TCServerImpl.this.configurationSetupManager.getSecurity() != null);
TCServerImpl.this.terracottaConnector.setName(CONNECTOR_NAME_TERRACOTTA);

----
public class TerracottaConnector extends SocketConnector {
private final boolean secure;
private boolean shutdown = false;
  public TerracottaConnector(boolean secure) {
this.secure = secure;
}

public void handleSocketFromDSO(Socket s, byte[] data) throws IOException {
ConnectorEndPoint connection = new ConnectorEndPoint(new SocketWrapper(s, data));
connection.dispatch();
}
etc.
}
----

I've read the new architecture document : https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/architecture.html but I'm still hitting my head on what to use, and if there were examples that are doing what I used to do (even if it's pretty clear from the architecture document that this use case is definitely supported)

I've tried extending the ServerConnector instead, but doing so , I could not find the right API to handle a raw socket and raw bytes (Handlers are are about HTTPRequest, so I guess I should stick to the ServerConnector...)
Anyway, if you have examples with custom ServerConnector, I'd be very thankful if you could point them out !
Thanks in advance !
Anthony

Back to the top