[jetty-users] Executable jar file for embedded jetty application

Hello All:

I have a fully functioning embedded jetty application.
I would now like to package it in an executable jar file.
I do not use maven or ant. It is built using a makefile.
I have a manifest file containing the needed jar files etc.
I can build the executable jar file. However the problem occurs
when I run it. The application starts and I get no error messages
but I cannot contact the embedded server via the command line or
a web browser.

I have gone over the documentation and it is not obvious if what I want to do
is even possible. So I have a few questions:

0)Am I missing something in the documentation?
1)Is building an executable jar file without maven or ant possible?
2)If so, how? Do I need to add some code to my embedded server?

thank you,

west suhanic

Back to the top