Re: [jetty-users] Help trying to investigate a file descriptor leak

We haven't had any reports of file descriptor leaks that I'm aware of.

How are you serving static content with Jetty - are you using a ResourceHandler, or are you using the DefaultServlet, or something else?

If you are using the DefaultServlet, check how it is configured - do you have caching enabled? Look for the settings of these init-params:

- resourceCache
- maxCacheSize
- maxCachedFileSize
- maxCachedFiles
- useFileMappedBuffer

You can turn debug on to see more info on the handling of static files -  add -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.servlet.DefaultServlet.LEVEL=DEBUG  and -Dorg.eclipse.jetty.server.ResourceService.LEVEL=DEBUG to the command line if you're using jetty's default logging, or otherwise configure whatever logging system you're using to output highest level for those classes.

You can also specify jetty.dump.start=true at the very end of the jetty command line. That will spit out most of the configuration of your jetty server to the log just after it starts - might reveal something useful.

regards
Jan