[jetty-users] Use PathMappings to route servlet requests

Since this is my first post: many thanks to all the Jetty developers!

Now to my question: I'm reusing the PathMappings and UriTemplatePathSpec classes of the jetty-http pathmap package for URL routing within my servlets [1]. I don't need a full-blown REST framework, and these classes cover all my requirements. I've written small glue code that inspects the pathInfo of the servlet request and uses a PathMappings class to route the request to the respective handler method within my servlet, passing the UriTemplatePathSpec variables as arguments.

I wonder if there is a more canonical way planned to do this? E.g. is there a plan for Jetty to use the PathMappings/PathSpec classes for registering handlers or servlets/filter? I don't see any indication of this on the jetty-10.0.x branch, nor do I see that the Servlet 4.0 specification has made path specs any smarter. I did however notice that the PathMap class will be removed in Jetty 10 in favour of PathMappings, so at least it seems to safe to build on the new PathMappings classes?

Thanks,
Cheers,
Robert

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/tree/jetty-9.4.x/jetty-http/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/http/pathmap