Re: [jetty-users] Jetty server crashes

Kapil,

java is a very safe language and there should be no way for a java program to "crash" and end up with no process running... unless the program calls System.exit(), which Jetty does not.     Thus it is possible that you have hit a JVM problem, as sometimes the JVM will segv due to a bug and crash.

I suggest making sure your operating system is up to date with latest patches and checking your JVM is a recent stable release.

If it still happens, you need to capture how it failed.   Perhaps the start script can log the exit code? Are there any crash files in the directory where it ran?

regards