Re: [jetty-users] Jetty EatWhatYouKill - Deadlock or something!

Hi Simone,

I took the thread dump, and after initial observation, it was some rogue heavy blocking I/O call that's keeping the thread busy.

Jetty's perfect :). Thanks for the help

Thanks

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 9:42 PM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 6:18 AM, Sarath Prabath Redlapalli Jaya
<harrysarath2010@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Dropwizard 1.2.0 -> Jetty 9.4.7.v20170914.
>
> Dropwizard has a maxThreads setting for jetty. Following is the config i
> used
>
> maxThreads: 4000
> minThreads: 4000
>
> Connectors:
> acceptorThreads: 500

Wow, no.
You don't need 500 acceptor threads. Typically 1 is more than enough.

> selectorThreads: 100. Although i believe these counts are high, i was just
> tweaking them.

I am almost sure that you or Dropwizard set a limit to the number of
tasks of the thread pool queue.
I would double check that, and possibly leave it unbounded.

> Also, i'll try to take the dump

Yes, that is typically key to understand what's going on.

If you can, set QueuedThreadPool.setDetailedDump=true before dumping.

--
Simone Bordet
----