Re: [jetty-users] Virtual host proxy problems

On 26/12/2017 23:48, Simone Bordet wrote:
For ProxyServlet the logging category is derived from the servlet name
(in web.xml) and the subclass package and class name.
The logic is here:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-9.4.x/jetty-proxy/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/proxy/AbstractProxyServlet.java#L206

Enabling DEBUG for that category should tell you a bit more.

Hmm, I seem to be doing something wrong. The servlet-name in web.xml is "Proxy", and the servlet-class is "servlets.Proxy". I created a resources/jetty-logging.properties which looks like this (copied from the example in the documentation):

# Configure Jetty for StdErrLog Logging
org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.class=org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StrErrLog
# Overall Logging Level is INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.LEVEL=INFO
# Detail Logging for proxy
Proxy.LEVEL=DEBUG

I then get a 500 response due to a NPE at line 65 of ProxyServlet.service(): "if (_log.isDebugEnabled())..."

I then copied the code you linked to into my Proxy.init() and it reported the servlet name as "servlets.Proxy.Proxy", but changing the last line to "servlets.Proxy.Proxy.LEVEL=DEBUG" makes no difference; I still get the same NPE. I also tried "servlets.Proxy.LEVEL=DEBUG"; still no luck.

What am I doing wrong here?
--
John English

Back to the top