[jetty-users] How to compile JSPs via Maven, but without failing on errors?

I've just started working on a large project that has many JSPs, many of which were created long ago, and some of which were generated. I would like to use the jetty-jspc-maven-plugin from org.eclipse.jetty to compile our JSPs for use in Tomcat 8.5. Unfortunately, some of the JSPs do not compile cleanly, and when there is a compilation problem, the maven build fails and stops.

The JspcMojo class does most of the work. It has an embedded class, JspcMojo.JettyJspC that extends org.apache.jasper.JspC and has a failOnError property. The documentation for JettyJspC says, "JettyJspC Add some extra setters to standard JspC class to help configure it for running in maven." So, it seems like I ought to be able to set the failOnError property to false and be done. I have tried all of the following, without success. How can I pass the failOnError property from maven to the JSP compiler?

<jspc.failOnError>false</jspc.failOnError>

<org.apache.jasper.compiler.failOnError>false</org.apache.jasper.compiler.failOnError>

<org.apache.jasper.JspC.failOnError>false</org.apache.jasper.JspC.failOnError>

<maven.compiler.failOnError>false</maven.compiler.failOnError>

<JettyJspC.failOnError>false</JettyJspC.failOnError>

<JspcMojo.JettyJspC.failOnError>false</JspcMojo.JettyJspC.failOnError>

<org.eclipse.jetty.jspc.plugin.JspcMojo.JettyJspC.failOnError>false</org.eclipse.jetty.jspc.plugin.JspcMojo.JettyJspC.failOnError>

Back to the top