[jetty-users] Jetty server with http2 and jdk9 and its ALPN implementation

Hi all,

I am using jetty 9.4.7.v20170914 to run a server that supports http2. Everything works fine with jdk8 and jetty’s alpn-boot implementation.

My question is: is 9.4.7 capable to run an http2 server with jdk9 and jdk9’s implementation of ALPN?

How would I instantiate a jetty server that uses jdk9’s ALPN instead of jetty’s own ALPN implementation?

currently, with jdk8, my jetty-http2-server is created this way:

// SSL Context Factory for HTTPS and HTTP/2
SslContextFactory sslContextFactory = new SslContextFactory();
sslContextFactory.setKeyStoreResource(newClassPathResource("sample.jks"));
sslContextFactory.setKeyStorePassword("secret");
sslContextFactory.setKeyManagerPassword("secret");
sslContextFactory.setCipherComparator(HTTP2Cipher.COMPARATOR);
sslContextFactory.setUseCipherSuitesOrder(true);

// HTTPS Configuration
HttpConfiguration httpsConfig = new HttpConfiguration(http11Config);
httpsConfig.addCustomizer(new SecureRequestCustomizer());

// HTTP/2 Connection Factory
HTTP2ServerConnectionFactory h2 = new HTTP2ServerConnectionFactory(httpsConfig);

NegotiatingServerConnectionFactory.checkProtocolNegotiationAvailable();
ALPNServerConnectionFactory alpnServerConnectionFactory = new ALPNServerConnectionFactory();
alpnServerConnectionFactory.setDefaultProtocol("h2");
alpnServerConnectionFactory.getALPNProcessor();

// SSL Connection Factory
SslConnectionFactory sslConnectionFactory = new SslConnectionFactory(sslContextFactory, alpnServerConnectionFactory.getProtocol());

// HTTP/2 Connector
ServerConnector http2Connector =
new ServerConnector(server, sslConnectionFactory, alpnServerConnectionFactory, h2, new HttpConnectionFactory(httpsConfig));
http2Connector.setPort(8444);

I guess that I have to change the code around the instantiation of the ALPNServerConnectionFactory??

Best regards
Jan

Jan Weinschenker
Senior Consultant