From: jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joakim Erdfelt
Sent: 19 September 2017 17:58
To: JETTY user mailing list
Subject: Re: [jetty-users] Jetty 9.03 - seeing maximum websocket connection limit. why?

Jetty 9.0.3 is very old and represents the earliest implementations of the websocket stack.

Please consider using something more recent.

Especially since you are also using HTTPS (TLS/SSL) as you have an obligation to keep your Jetty and JVM up to date to maintain compatibility with the quickly evolving TLS/SSL landscape.

Jetty 9.4.7.v20170914 was just released.

Java 1.8u133 is odd, that doesn't look right (cannot find a Java release with that update number)

Release notes for 1.8u131 says it expired July 18, 2017

Release notes for 1.8u141 says it will expire next month on Oct 17, 2017

Also, since you stated you are running on Windows 10, keep in mind that many Windows network security tools / firewalls will get in your way and limit/prevent behaviors you might be attempting to rely on.

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx