[jetty-users] Way to start Jetty without requiring internet connection

Hi, we have a web application that is based on Jetty.   We would like it to be able to start
even if there is not an internet connection on the local system.

The configuration line attempts resolve www.eclipse.org on startup.   While putting in
an IP address might take care of it not trying to resolve, that’s a bad strategy to deploy
on remote devices.     Is there a way to just put the .dtd configuration file it’s looking at
on the local drive and reference it there.   I tried it but it did not seem to work, using a file://
notation.

If there is a way please let me know the exact notation.

Here is the configuration line I’m referring to:

<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Mort Bay Consulting//DTD Configure//EN" "http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/configure_9_3.dtd”>

Thanks

Back to the top