[jetty-users] How to use a login form with Jetty 9?

I've just added authentication to my embedded jetty 9 web server. I'm using the JDBCLoginService and everything works fine.

I now want to add a login page. But I can’t get it working: when the FormAuthenticator.validate() method is called, it's trying to get an HTTPsession and none is found.

I've been trying to create Sessions but I've been unable to find the correct API. Can someone give me an example?

This is my code:

// the file server part

ResourceHandler resource_handler = new ResourceHandler();

resource_handler.setDirectoriesListed(false);

resource_handler.setResourceBase("www");

resource_handler.setDirectoriesListed(false);

resource_handler.setWelcomeFiles(new String[]{ "html/dashboard.html" });

// the JSP part

WebAppContext webAppContext = new WebAppContext();

webAppContext.setResourceBase("www");

webAppContext.setInitParameter("dirAllowed", "false");

webAppContext.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new QueryGlobals()), "/queries/globals");

webAppContext.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new QueryAllVenues()), "/queries/all_venues");

HandlerList handlers = new HandlerList();

handlers.setHandlers(new Handler[] {

        // static files

        resource_handler,

        // servlets

        webAppContext,

        // 404

        new DefaultHandler()

    });

// get the path for the authentication settings

// it should be in the same folder than the platform location

File configFile = new File(System.getProperty("com.bnpp.firefly.configfile"));

File authConfigFile = new File(configFile.getParent(), "auth.properties");

LoginService loginService = new org.eclipse.jetty.security.JDBCLoginService("MyRealm", authConfigFile.getPath());

m_server.addBean(loginService);

ConstraintSecurityHandler security = new ConstraintSecurityHandler();

Constraint constraint = new Constraint();

constraint.setName(Constraint.__FORM_AUTH);

constraint.setAuthenticate(true);

constraint.setRoles(new String[] { "user", "admin" });

ConstraintMapping mapping = new ConstraintMapping();

mapping.setPathSpec("/*");

mapping.setConstraint(constraint);

security.addConstraintMapping(mapping);

FormAuthenticator authenticator = new FormAuthenticator("/html/login.html", "/html/login.html", false);

security.setAuthenticator(authenticator);

security.setLoginService(loginService);

security.setHandler(handlers);

m_server.setHandler(security);

m_server.start();