Re: [jetty-users] Ignoring connection already closed by client

Note that it is possible to take a tone stamp when the request is first received (perhaps in a customizer) and then your servlet can check itself against that time stamp and give up if is too long.   But this is something the application had to decide for itself.

Cheers

On 14 Jun 2017 09:47, "Simone Bordet" <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Sachin Kale <sachinpkale@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Jetty 9.2
> If request is queued for a long time in Jetty and client is timed out, it
> will still get executed.
> Is there any way to identify timed out requests and just drop them instead
> of wasting resources in executing them?
> I tried with IdleTimeout as mentioned in
> http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.x/configuring-connectors.html
> but it seems Jetty just ignores the idle timeouts.
>
> Following is the log details:
>
> [2017-06-14 06:25:10,547] DEBUG org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout:
> SelectChannelEndPoint@25522592{/127.0.0.1:51294<>9009,Open,in,out,-,-,5000/5000,HttpConnection}{io=0,kio=0,kro=1}
> idle timeout check, elapsed: 5000 ms, remaining: 0 ms
>
> [2017-06-14 06:25:10,547] DEBUG org.eclipse.jetty.io.IdleTimeout:
> SelectChannelEndPoint@25522592{/127.0.0.1:51294<>9009,Open,in,out,-,-,5000/5000,HttpConnection}{io=0,kio=0,kro=1}
> idle timeout expired
>
> [2017-06-14 06:25:10,547] DEBUG org.eclipse.jetty.io.WriteFlusher: ignored:
> WriteFlusher@22ca29bf{IDLE} java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Idle
> timeout expired: 5000/5000 ms
>
> [2017-06-14 06:25:10,547] DEBUG org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractEndPoint:
> Ignored idle endpoint
> SelectChannelEndPoint@25522592{/127.0.0.1:51294<>9009,Open,in,out,-,-,5000/5000,HttpConnection}{io=0,kio=0,kro
> =1}

Jetty ignores the idle timeout if the request is currently being
executed (for example, suspended).
This is a requirement of the Servlet specification.

In general, the container cannot interrupt the processing of a request.
The application code handling the request must cooperate with the
application code that wants to interrupt the request, so it is
something that you have to write.

--
Simone Bordet
----