Re: [jetty-users] No Jetty Bom [was Re: Jetty 9.4.6 Released!]

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:13 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 6:11 PM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tried but failed to get the jetty-bom released for 9.4.6
I got it to oss.sonatype, but it failed a rule on closing the staged repo.

which rule?

Cannot release the same version again.
If any artifact in your staging repository already exists on central, then that entire staging repository is invalid.

However, it should be possible to do, perhaps with a little help from the sonatype folks to waive that rule?
But it may be simpler just to go forward to 9.4.7.

Agree.

That rule cannot be waived.
Waiting for 9.4.7 is possible tho.
As is carefully releasing JUST the jetty-bom 9.4.6 (no other modules/components)

I still don't understand why it was not included?  It should have at least failed the release with SNAPSHOT versions rather than excluded the module.

Yup I agree. I don't get the reason to not being deployed with everything else. We need Joakim here :-)

Lets take a look at the tag.

Yup, the jetty-bom is part of the module tree, so its part of the reactor.

That's the reason, since the jetty-bom is no longer participating in the hierarchy of the parent, its isolated, considered a separate release from the rest of the project.
The jetty-bom itself does not participate in the maven release process properly.

However, the other artifacts, that are part of the hierarchy are updated (example, the dependencies in the jetty-bom)

It simply cannot be part of the release and be unconnected from the hierarchy at the same time.

There are only 2 options left

1) jetty-bom as a standalone project with its own release

2) Generate the jetty-bom during the build and perform a pom artifact swap during install/deploy (like you can with the shade plugins)

- Joakim

Back to the top