Da: Joakim Erdfelt
Inviato da: jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Data: 11/05/2017 02.15PM
Oggetto: Re: [jetty-users] Force webapp to use different javax.mail from that one included in lib/jndi

Inline ...

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:55 AM, Raffaele Gambelli < R.Gambelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Jan, I'll try but I'm really don't understanding why the meaning of this output:

[t] Module: jndi
     Depend: server
        LIB: lib/jetty-jndi-${jetty.version}.jar
        LIB: lib/jndi/*.jar
    Enabled: <via> <transitive from> ${jetty.base}/start.ini

The part where it says "<transitive from>" means that its not enabled directly, but rather it is enabled due to some other module that depends on jndi.

It says enabled but in start.ini the string "jndi" does not appear but the doc says that to disable a module I should comment it into start.ini, mumble mumble, am I wrong or it is a bit confusing?

Lets see what depends on "jndi" ...

[jetty-home-9.4.5.v20170502]$ grep -RHn jndi modules/*
modules/jndi.mod:8:lib/jetty-jndi-${jetty.version}.jar
modules/jndi.mod:9:lib/jndi/*.jar
modules/plus.mod:9:jndi

Looks like "plus" directly depends on jndi ...

But what depends on "plus"?

[jetty-home-9.4.5.v20170502]$ grep -RHn plus modules/*
modules/annotations.mod:5:plus
modules/cdi.mod:7:plus
modules/plus.mod:13:lib/jetty-plus-${jetty.version}.jar
modules/plus.mod:16:etc/jetty-plus.xml
modules/quickstart.mod:7:plus

Also note, that "plus" is a dependency for cdi, annotations, and quickstart too.

Joakim Erdfelt /  joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx