[jetty-users] How to override logback.version ?

Hi,

In 9.4, is it possible to override logback.version from the command
line or via .ini or module files in jetty.base ?

The only way I have found is to copy
jetty.home/modules/logback-impl.mod to jetty.base and change
logback.version there. It seems that properties specified in [ini]
declarations are not overridable.

I ask because we supply a later version of logback in our product.

And, as a follow up, I guess I am curious why Jetty pins a specific
version of logback. That wasn't the case in 9.3, AFAIK. Ideally
logback.version would be '*'.

Thanks,
Tom

Back to the top