[jetty-users] How to get servlet request forwarding to work in jetty?

Hi Team,

The piece of code that isn't working with jetty is:

request.getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(url).forward(request, response);

or

getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(url).forward(request, response);

or

request.getRequestDispatcher(url).forward(request, response);

This code was working before when we were using wildfly.

I tried explicitly enabling FORWARD for filters in web.xml of my application, but that didn't help.

I tried enabling the rewrite module, but no luck there either.

I have been trying to debug with jetty source code, but am doing circles.

Application is being developed on Jetty jetty-9.3.14.v20161028 but I've tried request forwarding with latest jetty implementation with no success.

Why doesn't request FORWARD(or INCLUDE) work with Jetty? Is there some configuration that I'm overlooking?

Back to the top