Re: [jetty-users] Another newbie-9.x-user question

On 01/02/2017 12:52, Simone Bordet wrote:
Do you have a webapp that answers to the 127.0.0.2 virtual host (or
that has no virtual hosts and therefore answers to them all) ?

If not, because you always use specific virtual hosts for your
webapps, then you can have a super-simple webapp deployed at "/" with
no virtual hosts whose only page displays a 404 message.

If I understand correctly, you're saying that I should have my webapp at "/" for a selected set of virtual hosts, and another "404" webapp at "/" for all the others that just returns a 404 for all requests. What do I need to do to make this happen? In particular, what do I need to do to stop the "404" webapp taking precedence and responding to all the requests, including the ones sent to the valid virtual hosts?

Also, why do I get zero bytes in Jetty 9.4 rather than the old Jetty-supplied 404 page that I get with Jetty 8 (as a result of the default webapp, IIRC)?

Many thanks,
--
John English

Back to the top