Re: [jetty-users] "early EOF" warning when https call from old application in 9.2.9.v2015022er

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 6:45 PM, David Persson <perssond9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, yep, this was understood, and I knew I ran the risk of 0 replies, so I'm
> glad for yours : )
>
> Thanks for the info regarding EOF.
>
> This seems to happen for a specific request. The application instantiates a
> http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/http-client.html and
> issues a get request with an url argument that goes
> "https://domain.topdomain/path"; but what is sent according to the jetty log
> appears to be "http://domain.topdomain:443"; (I think- log says
> "GET//domain.topdomain:443/geoserver/rest" and the way our jetty9 is
> configured one can't reach it like this.

Mmm, that would be a gross bug that would have been reported ages ago.
Perhaps it's a logging bug, rather than an actual network protocol bug.

> It has to be
> http://domain.topdomain/path (for a 302) or https://domain.topdomain/path or
> https://domain.topdomain:443 . Am currently trying to instantiate an
> SSLContextFactory for the httpclient constructor but am so far not seeing an
> effect. It's obviously less "I know what I'm doing" and more "poke this and
> see if that part moves" but I am picking up a few things..

You should look at the server logs and try to understand why the
server rejects that request,
as the client has sent it (it is waiting for the response, but gets a
connection closed instead).

Especially, take a close look at what JDK you run on client and
server, what ciphers they have in common, what version of the TLS
protocol you have configured, etc.
My guess is that you have some TLS incompatibility between client and server.

See also: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/ReadDebug.html

--
Simone Bordet
----