Re: [jetty-users] http2 client - push promise question

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Tomas Remes <tremes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am HTTP2 newbie and I am trying to use Http2Client (9.4.1.v20170120) which could handle server push promise. I am experimenting with [1] page and I am able to observe "org.eclipse.jetty.http2.api.Stream.Listener.Adapter#onPush" but the given stream is always reset afterwards with cancel error code. Looking at org.eclipse.jetty.http2.parser.PushPromiseBodyParser it seems it's always reset because the paddingLength is 0.

I don't see this in the code. You have a pointer to the incriminated code ?

> Can anybody explain please? What should I do to get all streams with pushed resources? Is there any code example available.

I just tried to load that URL using class Client here:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-9.4.1.v20170120/jetty-http2/http2-client/src/test/java/org/eclipse/jetty/http2/client/Client.java

What happens is that the server sends down a PUSH_PROMISE for stream
#2, but immediately afterwards the server sends down a RST_STREAM for
stream #2 to cancel that push promise.
In fact, that URL does not perform any HTTP/2 push, and this can be
seen from a Chrome too (which tells if a resource is pushed).

You may want to try to https://webtide.com/ instead: we push correctly.

--
Simone Bordet
----