Re: [jetty-users] Limit memory

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 6:32 AM, Per Qvindesland wrote:
    Is there any way of limiting jetty's memory usage? I ps -ef | grep
    jetty8 gives /usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java -Xmx768m which
    suggests that there is already a memory limit in use but as I
    mentioned jetty every now and so often starts using memory way to
    much so I don't think it's using the limitation.

Chances are it's a memory leak in your code; e.g. ResultSets from a DB query not being closed properly in all cases. If you enable JMX you can use it to take a snapshot of memory usage; IIRC Eclipse has a handy plugin to let you analyse the dump to look for leaks.

HTH,
--
John English

Back to the top