Re: [jetty-users] Problem with ClosedByInterruptException

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 8:50 PM, John Gardiner Myers
<jgmyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ...But QueuedThreadPool would let the thread die after logging the
> ClosedByInterruptException. So it must be something else wedging DNS
> lookups. I'll continue investigating on my side.

And your stack trace shows that the ClosedByInterruptException comes
from an attempt to connect from Jetty's ManagedSelector.
So unless you are programmatically feeding the ManagedSelector with
SocketChannels you create, this comes from HttpClient.

Would it be possible that you have a lot of DNS requests that fail ?
Perhaps you can tune/improve logging to catch what domain fails DNS ?
Note that the ClosedByInterruptException is thrown by the JDK, but
caught and notified to a callback.

If Jetty's thread pool detects a thread that has been interrupted but
its interrupted status not reset, then it lets the thread die.

Let us know if you find more.

--
Simone Bordet
----