Re: [jetty-users] Problem with ClosedByInterruptException

On 11/8/16 6:33 AM, Simone Bordet wrote:
Would you be able to modify the code (or pass your own implementation
of SocketAddressResolver - basically the implementation in Async
without the interruption) and verify that without interruption things
work ?
I can pass my own implementation of SocketAddressResolver, though I have not done the work to reproduce the problem on demand. I would not be able to confirm a fix with confidence in any reasonable amount of time.
What would the DNS thread do after the timeout expire ?

My preferred workaround would be to have the thread terminate after being interrupted. Then the pool could create a fresh thread which won't trigger the bug. The thread won't be able to be GCed until the next DNS timeout, but that's minor. You could condition the workaround on Java < 9.

And perhaps someone could let OpenJDK know the effect of JDK-8065720 is more severe than they thought.

Back to the top